In the context of the cooperation between the Lebanon Mine Action Center and the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) in mine action, LMAC and UNMAS conducted a MRE activity in Al Qlayaa - Marjayoun, on 8/12/2017, which included the following activities:
- MRE Session which was held by the Colonel Marie Abdel Massih from the Lebanon Mine Action Center, she gave a brief about the mines problem and how to prevent their danger through showing samples and photos for mines and some awareness signs.
- A MRE show for students was presented by MAG
- Demonstration by the Spanish contingent of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) on how to detect mines with dogs and robots and they explained the two methods.
- A competition between the students conducted by Colonel Marie Abdel Massih to determine the level of awareness about the mines and their dangers.
- The distribution of awards and medals to all students by the Lebanon Mine Action Center and the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS).
- The distribution of educational games on the awareness of the Lebanon Mine Action Center to students with a total of 170.
This activity impressed the management of the school and its educational family who thanked the army and the UNIFIL forces for the success of this day.